When I first started I wrote a column about who I was. Who is Ernie Macias? Well i figured I would touch up on a few more things to give people some insight as to who I am.
1. Lowlife Video: I do not own lowlife video; I was more of a groupie who helped at shows. Before I started at Mini Truckin' lowlife video was my ticket to shows around the country. By helping lowlife video I was able to attend more shows.
2. Truck Club: I am the president of No Regrets and have been for 7 years. I started the club, so I have not become the president since I've been here. I love the scene and to me sharing it with friends is very important. Being part of a nationwide club to me is an awesome part of belonging to the scene, but isn't necessary for everybody. Some people don't belong to clubs and that's ok too. It's not for everybody.
3. Associate Editor: What does that mean, well for starter I'm the guy you're most likely to see at the shows. I can promise you that when I once said id love to meet you all I meant it. Granted, I don't always have time to sit and chat but I do love to meet new people and talk trucks. I'm also the feature editor which means chances are I'm the guy that's going to shoot your truck if I'm at the show. As the feature editor I also get the freedom of writing my own column. I have a great boss and he gives me the freedom to write about the things that I see as important. You're not always going to agree, and that ok. When I read my favorite magazines I don't always agree with them either.
4. Fabricator: I am not a fabricator, sorry. I'm more of a talker, or an organizer. I've always been in management even when I worked in construction. I've never really been good with my hands. Basically I have no patience for tools, funny i know. I guess that really sucks when you're a car guy but we can't all be blessed with the skills that we want. For the most part I've always paid to have work done to my trucks. Even when I made ice cream cones at Dairy Queen I saved every penny I could to have my truck built right. Somebody on another forum stated that this means you don't know the truck, because your hands didn't build it. To me that's absurd, if a bag blows, chances are you know it. If your compressor isn't working it doesn't take a genius to figure that out, figuring out the solution for me was always easy, and if you have the right person build your four-link then guess what? It shouldn't break.
5. Hobbies: Minitrucks are my life. If I didn't work at Mini Truckin' I would still be at all the local and national shows I could get too. I've only been at Mini Truckin' for one year but I've been attending national shows for six. Old cars are my other passion, and trust me, it's very hard to be into old cars when you're not good with a wrench, but of course I know the basics. I know carburation enough to get my cars started in the morning, I can do tune ups. Have I ever been stranded because of my knack of knowledge? Yes I have. But as soon as I got it to a mechanic or a friend I figured out why and learned from that.
I can be reached at email@example.com any questions, comments, whatever. You want to call me out, do it here. I'd be more than happy to hear what you have to say.